Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is "cliproutelib.pif" ? Help Please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatamez

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
MX
We found it in one of the computers at work, the machine insists on finding that file, and it doesn't allow us to enter anything, not even My PC, the network, or Add/Edit Programs, from the Control Panel menu, please anyone knows if it is a virus, how gan i get rid of it? Iknow some e-mail accounts, as hotmail marks those files as virus threat and won't allow us to download it, the problem is, they use Microsoft Outlook and I think that's how they got infected.

Thank you so much.

i haven't heard of it as a virus but it probably is. since we suspect that it is, you could send a copy of that file to symantec or mcafee for testing and they will post a solution on how to remove it.

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

In the meantime, try booting into safe mode, then see if your icons are working, if not try to enter into the locations manually as the virus/program may have disabled or deleted the target paths. You can also try going to the registry, Hkey Local Machine- Software-Microsoft- Windows- Current Version- Run and see if any strange programs start up there. Delete those registry entries. Make sure you turn system restore off before doing so if you have Win Xp. Also check the run- folder, the run once folder and the run services folder, you must both check the registry program and the data field. Then look in msconfig for any other startup issues. Any troubles just come back here. You may want to export your registry to a save file if you are not comfortable editing it, that way if you mess something up, you can undo the changes!!

If you think you can, you might...if you know you can then you will.

A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back