Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is PSSP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viggo42

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2007
CA
HI can anyone please tell me what
• PSSP Level
• PTF Level
• Is the CWS used to do anything on the SP?
• If YES, please specify
these mean.
I have been asked to fill out a worksheet for a DR test and have no clue

thanks

PSSP allows parallel computing ,an AIX grid.
A PTF is simply a hotfix.

CWS is the Control Workstation in an SP environment. while the SP nodes do not need the CWS once they are up and running, they do need it for install as it is not only the NIM master, but also contains the SDR which is the repository for the node configuration. i cannot remember exactly, but i think (?) the nodes also need the CWS to boot.

SP environment RS6000 systems. Old servers managing by a CWS, when the power4 arrived (long time ago) start replacing SP and CWS by HMC...
Let say your environement is old but easy to manage with CWS.
We can compare CWS with CSM also as from the CWS you manage all the nodes and power off/on etc... like CSM
Hope this help.
Cheers
Al.

WoW..... PSSP!! I have not heard mention of PSSP in a long time..... Brings back many memories of having to rebuild the SDR and battle kerberos...

khalidaaa & alexia32 have both provided excellent information on what PSSP & CWS is.....

Vigo42, are you running a SP complex in your environment at your home shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back