Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is preventing NTBackup on XP pro seeing my ADR2.60 USB? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbloom

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have mentioned this in another thread but as I cant get Tapeware to function it's my only option (I cant really afford to scrap the ARD device).

NTBackup does not recognise the adr2k drive for some reason. It appears in device manager, I have used Onstreams Tape@Once utility which can access the device, format the tape etc and using the same tool (with Tapeware unistalled) have reloaded the drivers (1.12) and the utility comment states ready for use with NTBackup, but I can't get it to see the device.

If anyone can give me a clue it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon.

Jon,

If the adr2k drivers are loaded, then the drive should definitely be seen. Is the removable storage service started? Try going in to computer management and checking under Removable Storage to see if the drive is listed anywhere in there...

-Greg

Hi, there is a good chance that your system's RSM Database has been corrupted.
A corrupted database inhibits the use of removable media like tape devices.

This is a known issue with microsoft, see this link:

If you suspect this is the case then please run the Tape@Once utility an press the 'Clean RSM Database' button to correct this problem.
One small caveat: The system will 'forget' the directory content of previously inserted media... this means that when used, they will appear to be 'unknown' to the system and re-scanned.

Giuz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back