Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is postsgresql? is this another flavour of SQL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckarl

Programmer
May 5, 1999
GB
Visit site
i have postgresql, on my linux RH6.2, but i have no idea what the functionality or reason behind it is?<br><br>Please can someone give me an easy overview..<br><br>Thanks kindly...<br><br>Karl. <p>Karl Butterworth<br><a href=mailto:karl_butterworth@ordina.co.uk>karl_butterworth@ordina.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br><i>I'm slim shadey, yes i'm the real shadey, all you other slim shadeys are just imitating; so wont the real slim shadey please stand up, please stand up, please stand up!</i>

PostgreSQL is a robust, next-generation, Object-Relational DBMS (ORDBMS), derived from the Berkeley Postgres database management system. While PostgreSQL retains the powerful object-relational data model, rich data types and easy extensibility of Postgres, it replaces the PostQuel query language with an extended subset of SQL. <p>Jon Zimmer<br><a href=mailto:b0rg@pcgeek.net>b0rg@pcgeek.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.<br>

Thanks, know where i can learn how to use it?<br><br>T.I.A.<br>&nbsp;Karl. <p>Karl Butterworth<br><a href=mailto:karl_butterworth@ordina.co.uk>karl_butterworth@ordina.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br><i>I'm slim shadey, yes i'm the real shadey, all you other slim shadeys are just imitating; so wont the real slim shadey please stand up, please stand up, please stand up!</i>

Anybody connected PowerBuilder with Postgres? Is there any compactable front end for Postgres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back