Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is needed to set up a Avaya Communication Manager Lab on WmWare 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tormat

Technical User
Sep 18, 2004
SE
Hi there!

I've been working for ages with Meridain and CS1000 and have some knowledge of CM. I wonder if someone can give me a Hint of setting up a labb based on WmWare

I have this hardware

- 1 HP DL360 G7
- 1 G350 GW with alla cards (analog, digital, E1), however the newest server I have is a S8300B LSP (I think I maybe wont need to use that, instead I maybe can use CM 7.0 in the WmVare Mascine

- Telephones
- IP Networks with PoE

I have this software

- VMware vSphere with Operations Management 6.0

I can get all of the Avaya files from PLDS

What I dont have is

- a 8300D
- a license

Will I be able to build a CM 7.0 lab and confiugure it, but not save it and use it in 30 days? What are the limitation?

Can someone tell me were to start

/Tor

You do not need license for a lab setup for 6.3, so you can just download the OVA files and deploy CM as normal. You have 30 days for administration until it locks. Your dl360 G7 should be more then enough to power all the vms, the more memory the better. I have 24gb in dell r610 (basically the same as a dl360) and I can have 10+ Vm's running for avaya testing / learning.

If you have a network that can supply Vlan setup, I would recommend having a seperate voice vlan for your lab, it will make things easier once you start getting a lot of vm and testing going on.

As for the s8300d part, that is a LSP and you do not need this anyway as you would be installing the server in the esxi and pointing the g350 MGC to the Cm you deploy.

For CM 7.0 I think there is some license you need to get it initially working, I am not as familiar with this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back