Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is needed to record all calls on ip office 406?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
We have an ip office 406 and we have it configured to record all incoming and outgoing calls. The problem is that not all the calls are being recorded and this is because of the # of ports we have in the system. I understand that when when MOH is playing a port is taken and well as when VM is being accessed.

We do not have a reseller to go to so my question is what hardware is required to increase the number of calls to be recorded? We have 14 agents in which we want all incoming and outgoing calls recorded.

If possible is there an affordable solution in which we do not have to upgrade our ip office? I have looked at Digital Loggers which would record from our T1 line but it sure would be nice to record based off extensions.

We would like to stay under $3,000.

Thank you in advance.

The only solution is to purchase more VMPro licenses. You can also set each user to mandatory recording, but if no VM ports are available, the agent won't be able make or receive a call at all. That's not agood situation though.

To Us and Those Like Us, Damn Few Left

Virtual Logger will allow you to record by extension. I have a customer with an IP Office that uses it to record all calls to their agents.

I would go with a solution that records directly on the T1. We have customer with the Oak solution and find it fantastic (on UK PRI). These solutions also integrate via TAPI to the IP Office so calls can be searched on an extn basis

If you are recording lots of calls with VM Pro I would also look at Contact Store.

Besides which, VM ports don't come cheap and you will need at least as many VM Ports as you have lines.

Lets say you have 4 ports now and you have 12 T1 channels. you will need 8 more VM Ports. Cost on my Price list (UK) £3061.87 at the current exchange rate is $6316.02!!!!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Contact Store £835.81=$1724.11!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

14 agents - if you want simultaneous recording then 14 ports on voicemail but that would be very expensive. You could use redbox recorders which do a nice affordable ip solution, so even if it means switching your digital telephones to ip phones you will still save quite a bit of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back