Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is my phone number??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox7

Technical User
Nov 16, 2006
US
Hi:
I am at a business that has serval phone lines and I am setting up one to hook into a modem for dialing into the modem to control a computer. I have, nor anyone else has, an idea what the phone number is on the line that is by the computer. I remember back in the old days there was a number you could HyperTerminal into and it would tell you what number you were calling from and a line report.

Anyone have such a number??

Thanks,
fox7

Did you try to call the local exchange to see what that phone number is?

I know what you are referring to as the number to call, but it is local to each exchange.

Plug an anolog phone into it and call a phone that has call display. Worked for me

Hi:
Thanks for responding to my thread!!

What I finally did was... The office told me the phone lines, i.e. the numbers, that the company was paying for and I called each one untill a phone at that number (phone jack) rang. Crazy eh?? But it didn't take to long.

Thanks again,
fox7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back