Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is EIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moepower

Programmer
Oct 5, 2000
US
Sorry for this simple question but I'm using Oracle Designer v6.1 and I keep seeing EIS everywhere in the Brio documentation but nowhere does it explain what EIS is. Could someone tell me what EIS stands for and what the purpose of the EIS Report is.

Thanks a bunch,

EIS=Executive Information System.

In simple terms, an EIS is merely a simple GUI driven interface into corporate data allowing execs to gather and investigate (drill into) the corporate data with minimal IT resource involvement.

An example would be conveting a user executed query into an interface allowing the user to press a button. You can take input parameters using text, spreadsheets, etc, check boxes and so on. You can present the data in pie charts allwong the exec to click their way into the data, rather than drown in it.

EIS is a common work page in BRIO in which all Reports, Graphs, Pivote are displayed and pass parameters to vary the result. To give user more options in their Business. You can learn more about EIS in brio examples.

spmurthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back