Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is data ware housing ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara

Programmer
May 16, 2000
US
hi !
i am to choose a project as my final year project.i am interested in data ware housing.i know very few things abt this concept.please let me know whats data ware housing n its uses.would be looking forward to your reply.
thanks

adambmw gave a lot of links in one of the earlier posts in this thread, personally I would go for publications by Kimball (but that is a personal thing.........) T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

The cream of the crop as far as writings concerning data warehousing, in the form of hundreds of articles, case-studies, produc reviews, and 'how-to' items may be found at: search there under data warehousing and prepare for a deluge of exceelent references.

Yuvraj

In simple terms Data ware housing is a copy of transaction data from which analysis and reporting is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back