Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is command to check cpu speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitesh78

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
CA
Hi All,

i am using sco 3.2 5.0.5 i386.can any one tell me what is the command to check CPU Speed?

also, is there any link where are i can see useful command, i am new to SCO i am learning SCO.

please help me....

5.0.5 is pretty old, so I dont know if the following was implemented:
hw -r cpu

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

thanks PHV,

yes is 5.5 pretty old version. but is there a way i can check CPU speed. i tried this command but its not working.

scotest:/tmp# hw -r cpu
ksh: hw: not found

please guide me.

also, how can i download trial sco new version. so i can do practice.

thanks again

The "hw" command is available starting at 5.0.4. Maybe it's just not located within your PATH.

# /etc/hw -r cpu

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

thanks very much "motoslide".

its works. :)

can you pls tell me whats below lines says.

its under/dev/strings/cfg file.

%cpu - - - unit=1 family=6 type=Pentium II

That's just another description for how the CPU is viewed by the OS. To me, it indicates you need newer hardware and current SCO. But, that vintage of Hardare and OS are perfectly compatible together, and should provide you with a great platform for learning.

PHV provided you with the correct command in his original post, it just wasn't on your PATH, which is something you should learn more about as you discover UNIX.

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back