Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what is an unhandled exception? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberlykoch

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
I don't know whats going on, I have the message unhandled exception c0000005 at address 100016b8, shwoing up every time any one on my computer signs on. It asks if we want to send an error report. I have but, I have received no feedback on this. Can you help me I sure hope so I want to get this cleared up if at all possible.

What OS are you runing? It sounds like your networked, if so it could be a program runing at startup.

Kim:

In programming, particularly Oracle's PL/SQL, an 'exception' is an error. You can trap various kinds of errors in PL/SQL by specifying the likely ones in the code and having your program produce a message to go with each one.

An 'unhandled exception' is one that the programmer did not list in the program because it was not anticipated - in this case it looks like a Page Fault error.

A Page Fault occurs when a program trespasses on the memory space being used by another program. There may be a log file, depending on your opertating system, that could yield some clues about which program is the culprit.

rev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back