Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is a 'MEDIA SET'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpongeBob12

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2006
US
Can some one out there explain what a 'MEDIA SET' is?
And what it can do for me?
Would appreciate it.

A media set is used to set up media with certain attributes to it such as overwrite protection, append properties, etc. I have two media sets. One for Full backups and one for Differential backups. Media sets manage your media for you with the attributes you set up. Hope this helps. The help section of backup exec explains it quite well.

C

As catluvr says, you can create media sets for different types of backups. The media set tells Veritas how to use the media in that set. Then when you create a job, you assign it to a specific media set. You can even assign specific tapes to a media set or just put them all in scratch media and let Veritas move them when needed.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

I know this is a silly qeustion but alas if i dont ask i dont know. How do I create a back up job with Veritass, what I want to back up is the mailboxes and the user files. When i go to veritass back up and i have a look at the completed jobs i get on hold Failed errors and back up jobs completed but failed. I also need to connect to the server, I tried creating a full back up, this folder ended up on our exchange server which caused it to crash as there wasnt enough space on the server, if i wanted to create it on lets say on a normal server, how would i go by doing this. Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back