Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is a Bitmap Animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubychyld

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
US
I am using IE 6.0, it allows you to change that ie animation on the top of the browser when things are loading... it is looking for a "bitmap animation".

Please tell me if you have any clue about this? Any direction would be helpful... Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

a animated gif.. just make a animated gif and direct it to the one you have made..it will replace the ie with your animated gif..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Unfortunately the IE 6 sdk won't accept anything except an animated bitmap.

In case any one is wondering, IE6 will allow you to make a custom build of IE and change the "e to world" animation in the top of the browser window, fix the home page so no one can change it, customize the favorites and links toolbars and a thousand other things. It comes with a makebmp.exe program to compile a bitmap sequence into an "animated bitmap".

Pretty cool tool, thanks for your help.
Liz Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

sorry misunderstood..i didn't know there was such thing..but now i do..learn something new everyday..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back