Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is a 888 error code?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

herm99

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2000
US
I have a client using a IBM Powerserver 340 with AIX ver 3.2.  They are unable to boot their server.  They are recieving an 888 when they try to boot.  I am having trouble finding out what this error code means.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, It's a very serious error -when booting-. Try using pencil and paper, and:look to the operator led panel, then press the reset (yellow button) and write the three-digit hexa number that will appear... and repeat pressing and writing until you receive a 00 (zero twice). Then post these sequence here, and I will help you.Hope.

Hi!<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are getting the 888 as soon as you power on, there<br>is no question this is a memory problem.Check to see if you have the correct memory in the machine and that memory slots are all populated and that all memory is the same!Your proble lies with memory.Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back