Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What I meant was FRL & COR redefinition. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

huberc

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2001
AU
Sorry, acronym overload happening!!
We have 4 Definity G3SI R6.0 PABXs. I need to redefine the FRL to provide more levels of COR. I can not find where I should change the FRLs. Basicaly I want to be able to restrict extensions to one of five levels. Currently there are only three. The five levels I am considering are:

1. Internal + emergency (000) + freecalls (1800,1300 etc)
2. Level 1. + Local
3. Level 2. + Mobile
4. Level 3. + Long distance (STD)
5. Level 4. + International (IDD)

Thankyou GooRoos (Ozy version of GuRu)
Chris

On my G3rV9 I can have 95 different Class Of Restrictions. I think you can have 95 too. Feature Restriction Level is set within the COR. The five levels you have above are how I would normally do long-distance dialing, with a COR for each setting them at FRL 1 through 5 respectively. I will sometimes have to add a COR for 900 dialing (stupid employment verification lines!) with an FRL of 6. I do not use FRL 7 unless it is a COR for telecom people.

To see what CORs you have programmed, do a "list COR". To find five, or six, CORs you can use, do a "list extension cor XX" (where XX is your COR number of course). To change the COR, do a, surprise, "change COR".

There are a lot of options on the COR pages, I recommend having the Admin manual for your version of Definity handy when you are making the changes. After you set the CORs, you need to match your ARS route patterns to what you have programmed in the CORs, not too hard but it can be time consuming.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, FRL is Facility Restriction Level, not Feature. My brain has not started to work yet this morning.

OK, here's the truth.

The system does indeed have 95 COR (Classes of Restriction)
HOWEVER, it only has 7 FRL (Facility Restriction Levels)...

The FRL's are assigned to the COR's on the COR form.

That means that no matter what you do, you only have 7 levels of restriction for calling out of the system.

You can however, do restrictions based on who the COR can call as far as "other" COR's and whether you can monitor other phones (service observing), whether they can hear music on hold, do direct call pick up etc. on a Class of Restriction level.

Bajashark

So there are ARS ANA tables to setup, Routes with FRL levels apropriately set, and CORs ?? I can have several routes with different FRL levels through the same trunk. These routes are selected according to the ARS ANA tables. The COR, using FRL levels, determines wether the caller can use a particular route.

I guess I should start by creating new Routes with different FRLs. Then create the ARS ANA entries, and last, define the new CORs ? Does this sound right ????

Is there a schematic diagram that shows how this hangs together ?

Chris

Sounds like you got it...

Yes you set up different user groups by assigning them a unique COR and in the COR the FRL...

In the ARS ANA table you assign the route to follow...

Atr the rout you restrict them (let them use it or block them from using the trunk group.

Many different user groups or COR's can be sent to the same Trunk Groups but can be restricted according to the FRL you assign the trunk group at the route table.

To be able to use a trunk group...the extension and it's corresponding COR and FRL must be equal to or greater than the FRL you assign the trunk group in the route you send it to.

In the ARS ANA Table, you are only sending it to the route number...at the rout number you filter out who can use the trunk group by their FRL...

IF you find this post useful/ helpful mark it so...

Bajashark

Thanks Bajashark.

I will creat some test routes, ARA ANAs and CORs and see how I go. Hope you don't mind if I bother you again soon ??

Chris [wavey2]

You are welcome...

ARS/Routing/ COR/ FRL is not an easy thing to learn in one hour...

Avaya puts out a training CD called "WORLD CLASS ROUTING"

It goes into details very well...I think it's an interactive CD training.

Good luck, you should do OK...

Happy to help...

Bajashark

Hmm, I think you ended up with 2 threads on this question, and I must have dropped almost the same info on the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back