Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What exactly is fash.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCMJohn

MIS
Jul 6, 2004
US
I did some spy/adware cleanup and installed AVG AV on a friends desktop yesterday because he was having problems connecting to the internet and all he had was oem version of NAV that was never updated from about three years ago when he bought it. During this, I found a file named "fash.exe" in the Windows folder and a startup reference to it in the registry. Can anyone tell me exactly what this file is? I find many references to it on Google, but no clear statement of exactly what it is.

thanks,

BCMJohn

I don't know, go to install spybot, update and scan for spyware. If that doesn't identify it, try the same with ad-aware.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back