Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what event is considered FormattingIdle mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootsawn

Programmer
Jul 18, 2005
US
I am attemping to change a BoxObject's .fillcolor in the Section_format event. I get a RTE 70 'Permission denied'. When I look up the FillColor property in the documentation, it says that it "can be written only when formatting idle". So I am thinking that the Section_format event is either FormattingActive or FormattingInactive mode. My question is, what event is considered FormattingIdle mode?

I am using CR85, RDC & VB6.

You'd be in idle mode when the viewer is no longer busy (CRViewer1.IsBusy = False). However, in order to be allowed to change the report design, you may need the special report creation license...

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks Ido.

I tried checking the .IsBusy, but it was never false. Is there another event (instead of Section_format) that I could access that the .IsBusy would be false?

Or maybe a different approach would be to set the box.fillcolor at design to conditionally change at runtime. Only I can't seem to conditionally set a .fillcolor. Any ideas?

By definition, the sectionformat event is never an idle situation.

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Good to know. Thanks adain.

I went a different direction. Conditionally set the background color, make the first box transparent, then add a white box around everything else. Seems backwards, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back