Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What Electives look best to employers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

MIS
Apr 7, 2001
US
Do they even care?

What about "thin client" stuff like Citrix?

What kinds of jobs "require" an MCSE?

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

I've seen very few jobs requiring certain electives in addition to an MCSE, it's usually Exchange or SMS when they are stated which is understandable as they are complex products in their own right.

I don't think any job really requires an MCSE over just an experienced person but employers need some way to cut down the applicants and perhaps it does show more motivation ion someone...

Excellent analysis!!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

In the jobs I interviewed for they really don't require you to have certain electives but they usually ask if you took Exchange or SQL as the electives.
I agerr that most jobs don't require you to have an MCSE but it will help you stand out from those who don't have it.

What state do you guys live in? Where I'm at a large portion of good paying jobs require it.

my tutor reckons exchange is the hot cake.
but we are not doing it in the mcsa course(moc), we are doing ISA instead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back