Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does WFXCTL33.exe has generated errors mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloo

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2002
AU
How do I fix this. I have restarted,and run detect and repair, but it doesn't matter what I am using- the error message keeps coming up and closing down programs.
Thanks in advance.

Pls provide more detail. What application are you using. What do you do prior to the error appearing, whats the softwaer environment.......

Using MS Office. The error seems to come up no matter what application I am using (Word, Excel, adobe Acrobat, winfax) and wants to close it down.

Still not enough info. At what point do you get this error? Have you checked where this file(WFXCTL33.exe) is located on your system? If it's an EXE then it's got to be a program, then what is it associated to? It has to be in a folder realted to an application.

Indu

You don't say what your operating system is or what version of Winfax you are running, but I found this on a search at Symantec.

Error: "FAXMNG32.EXE Application Error..." or "WFXCTL32.EXE Application Error..." After Installing WinFax PRO

Situation:
You are installing WinFax PRO, but upon finishing the installation you receive the following error message: "FAXMNG32.EXE Application Error..." or "WFXCTL32.EXE Application Error...". If you try to start WinFax PRO or the Controller, you receive the same error and must restart your computer.

Solution:

Checking the WinFax Printer

Check that the WinFax printer is installed.

1. Click Start, point to Settings and choose Printers. The Printers window appears.
2. If you see a WinFax icon, then the driver is installed.

Check the integrity of the WinFax printer as follows:

1. Right click the WinFax printer and choose Properties. The WinFax Properties dialog box appears.
2. If the WinFax Properties dialog box contains four or more tabs, then the driver is intact. If you see fewer tabs, then the driver is corrupt and must be reinstalled.
Reinstalling the WinFax Printer

To reinstall the WinFax printer in Windows NT, you must perform a custom reinstallation of the WinFax PRO program files.

1. Close WinFax PRO and the Controller.
2. Insert your WinFax PRO CD into your CD-ROM drive.
3. If the WinFax PRO Setup program does not start automatically, run SETUP.EXE from the \WINFAX80 folder on the CD.
4. Choose Custom Installation and click Next
5. Highlight WinFax from the installation list and click Details.
6. Uncheck all of the options except for WinFax Program Files.
7. Click OK
8. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the program files.

NOTE:
If you have installed a WinFax PRO update by running LiveUpdate, you must reinstall the update after installing the WinFax PRO program files. The update file is located in your \WINFAX folder and is named PATCH80x.EXE, where x is the minor version number of the update. For example, the WinFax PRO 8.03 update file is named PATCH803.EXE. Double click the update file to reinstall the update.

ggebhart@clover.net
I hope I never get too old or arrogant to learn something new!

Thanks. It could well be winfax, but I have had winfax installed (V10.2) for a few months without this happening. It seems to appear whenever I open more than one application at a time, particularly if one of those applications is acrobat. Also, the screen colours appear as if too much memory is being used. I installed Kodak software a day before this error started happening. (DC5000 software).

How much memory do you have? How many programs do you have starting up when you first turn on the computer? It could just be not enough resources and Winfax is the first to let you know about it. Whatever is sitting in your system tray (the bottom right hand corner with the icons) is taking up memory that could be used to open and use programs.

If this started after you loaded the camera it could be a conflict between the modem and the usb port your camera is using (presuming it is a usb camera). Have you been to device manager to see if there is a conflict?

When you first boot up:
RIGHT CLICK on My Computer
Click on Properties
Performance

What percentage of resources are you starting with?

CTRL+ALT+DELETE and see what is loading in Task Manager

Go into MSCONFIG Startup:
START
RUN
msconfig (press enter)
Startup

You can take checkmarks out of the startup programs you think may be causing the problem one at a time until you find the culprit, then write back and we'll tell you how to take it out of startup. Do not take the checkmark out of Explore or Systray as these should be running at startup.

Let us all know how it is going. [smile] ggebhart@clover.net
I hope I never get too old or arrogant to learn something new!

It appears the issue was WINFAX. After uninstalling winfax, I have found the problem no longer exists. It does take up a lot of memory and was taking on more and more as the day went on- (I was checking via task manager performance through out the day when winfax was installed). I will re-install winfax on another PC as a host instead of this one, and hopefully all will be O.K. Was unsure about re-installing it here in case the corruption was in the data logs or some such thing- and I have another PC as an option. If the same prob occurs, then I will have to try the winfax instructions given earlier...
Thanks for your help, all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back