Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does this card do??? Avocent SST-MM4/8P Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsanchez473

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2009
US
wish i could take a pic but i lost my camera, however i found this pic which looks almost exactly like the card i have. (see attachment). Is it an 8 port modem?? never saw/heard of such a thing. I bought a ibm netfinity server and this was in it and i have no idea what its for. I did notice that alot of retail places online were trying to get $400+ out of them, but none of them had a good description on them..

I'd like to sell it but i'm not sure what to advertise it as.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

It is an Avocent Multiport Serial card. They were used quite a bit in the dial-up modem days and are still used in many Point-Of-Sale applications.

But it could be one of their multi-modem cards as well, there wasn't much difference in them other than part numbers.

Here is a link to the 64-bit Server 2003 drivers. You should be able to find the right drivers on Avocent's site.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back