Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does "Variable 'Self' inaccessible here due to optimization" mean 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

delphiman

Programmer
Dec 13, 2001
ZA

My application has worked successfully - including a particular procedure.

Suddenly that procedure no longer works and when I try and examine values within the procedure during Runtime I get exception "tblMyTableMyField.value = Variable 'Self' inaccessible here due to optimization".

I don't recall having done anything to the relevant (Paradox) table (except for to add a few more fields) which could have created this.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Dont worry, this is a normal message and does not reflect any problems in your program. Not sure of the precise details but..

.. This is one of the minor disadvantages of having an optimizing compiler. If you need to inspect variables that are subject to optimization, you must turn optimization off. Turn off the Optimization option on the Compiler page of the Project Options dialog box. Be aware that variables that have not been initialized (assigned a value) will report random values until they are initialized.

Having said that, looks like a suspicious assignment (assigning a database field the value of an object ?)

Opp.

Thanks Opp!

In fact I found the problem ... which turned out to be a "finger problem" - mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back