Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what does a brother have to do for xml???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardley

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
All my code is hand-written in a text editor and I just need to have access to the xml-parsing classes.

Apparently, even though the xml classes are listed in the J2SE documentation, the corresponding classes are not available just by installing J2SE.

I saw on java.sun.com that they were included in the web services package so I downloaded that, but when I tried to run it (under Linux), I found out I needed to be running xwindows to install it. Grrrr...

So then I downloaded j2ee, saying to myself "they must include the classes in here somewhere". Unfortunately, after installing j2ee I still can't figure out how to compile basic classes like javax.xml.parsers into my simple little app.

Any advice is HUGELY appreciated.

Brad Gunsalus
bardley90@hotmail.com

JAXP is included in J2SE 1.5.0 Beta 1 release. I just downloaded and installed it. (Windows version)

"javax.xml.parsers" is indeed included.

Was trying to avoid that (being beta and all), but I guess it's a better fit than messing with the other stuff that I don't need.

Thanks

Brad Gunsalus
bardley90@hotmail.com

Don't be daft ! The javax.xml.parsers are included in JWSDP (current version 1.3, see There is certainly an install for standard Linux (without xwindows). We run it at work ...
Just download the correct version, add the relevant jar files to you CLASSPATH and hey presto !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back