Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what do you use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US
I realize this is a opinion but I'm just wondering what other folks up when doing service work in the different telcom/data rooms what kind of flashlight do you use I know some are well light,(and clean) and some are on the other end of the spectrum, I have used Maglite, with the after market LED conversion kits but they tend to "go bad" after a while,

I'm in charge of only 1 site. The telephone nook is well lit, but if I find myself pulling cables in an unlit portion of the building, I'll use a Maglite flashlight.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

I use an LED with very white light 'cause I'm blind as a bat and the white LED helps me to see the colors better
the one I use is a campers style head lamp that leaves both my hands free.

I use a mini mag with a led conversion (highly recommended ) and the flashlight from my ryobi 18v tool kit and a topspot headlamp

Whatever the young newbie wants to use is fine with me ;-)

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I have used a fluorescent stick droplite for the past 20 years, but also use the Mini-Mag lite. I also complain to building management when the utility rooms needs attention (lites or trash or safety hazards).

Also, I have been known to scavenge fluorescent tubes to provide lite when management was not available.

Sometimes you have to be resourceful!

....JIM....

Mobile phone flash!

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

question for skip555, on the minimag what is the name of the led conversion kit, and it will have to look for it.

I years of Maglight exposure has left me wanting more. I have found that the Maglight eats batteries even when not in use. I moved to a simple Sears’s brand that comes in two flavors. Both are yellow and have LED strength meters Green, Yellow, Red). One is a three d cell and the other is the small 4 AA one. I placed the Maglite and the Sears together and turned them on for 24 hours. With in 12 hours the Maglite was about at half strength and the Sears was still on green level of strength. With in 24 hour the Maglite was dead. The Sears lasted 41 hours.

I had a buddy of mine melt down all the Maglites I had and now sits on my desk reminding me what not to buy.

I prefer the new Surefire E2L Outdoorsman. It has a super brite LED. It's unbreakable. I use the rechargeable 123 batteries. For working in the ceiling I use an 3 LED headlite.

I agree that mag lite eats batteries and bulbs
the led conversion is amazing battery life has gone up remarkably and its been two years at least and the bulbs are brite as ever

The next time a get a maglite I will try the LED kit. Bet I get one for xmas from someone.

I need to get one of those LED kits also. A customer of mine is a sales rep for NiteIze and was supposed to get me one ;)

jeff moss

I stil like the old goosneck light I got in the military. hooks on the pocket or just stand it up in place.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back