Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do you think is the best AS2 software out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MREA

Programmer
Sep 30, 2003
CA
Please I would like some advise on what all of you think is the best AS2 software and why???

That depends on your platform, your EDI translator and your ERP, and last of all how much money you want to spend, IMO.
Do you need another PC for the AS2 software, do you need a firewall/DMZ? How will you integrate the software to the EDI system and then get the data to/from your application?

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but what is 'best' to me will not necessarily work under your situation.
Good luck.

Bob

I agree with BobS707. There is no one answer to that question, it should be an AS2 solution that fits your needs/desires. However, I would add this important point. You should choose a solution that your EDI partner(s) approve.

You should visit the following website to get a glimpse of what AS2 solutions are "certified":

I agree with both of you the Platform is Windows 2000 server and the translator is Harbinger.

Cleo Lexicom works great and integrates directly with many translators. Very powerful, not bad to set up and a good price.

I am using Cleo Lexicom with TrustedLink Windows also, so far so good, easy to setup, only thing with Cleo is you can't call their support directly, they have to call you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back