Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do you recommend for report generators from .dbf files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peobody

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
I use a Foxpro 2.6 based accounting system and find myself having to generate reports not available from the program. I've been using Q&E from Excel 4.0 which has worked ok so far but it's pretty limited. I'm interested in any recommendations on alternative report generators.

There's always Crystal. It's pretty much the swiss army knife of report writers. It does just about everything if you can just remember where the blade you want is hidden.

Yeah, I've looked into Crystal. I'm really looking for something that is quick and easy to learn and use. From what I've seen of Crystal it's trying to be all things to all databases. Makes me think it'll be complicated and require a larger learning curve than I'm willing to commit. Someone let me know if that's not the case. I certainly don't want to have to retrain myself every three to four months which is about how often I find the need to create a unique report.

You could try the FoxFire! Report Writer from Micromega Systems'.
I work for a company that develops accounting software in FoxPro 2.6 and we use the above Report Writer. Shaun Donaldson
System Corporation plc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back