Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do I put in my Control Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNDaffy

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
I'm trying to put together a financial report it looks something like this

Session I Session II Session III SEssion IV

Camp Fee Box in ?
Balance
Early Bird
Etc

I need that box to show a total for each of the sessions for each of those categories... what do I put as my control source?

PLease I need help someone, I really appreciate any assistance!!

if I understand correctly, your saying that sessionI and so on are fields with values and you want a box showing the total. if thats the case it would be ControlSource = Sum([SessionI] + [SessionII] + [SessionIII] + [SessionIV]). Hope this helps

What do your tables look like? Have you ever tried the crosstab query wizard?

No I haven't tried a crosstab query before, I'm just starting to get somewhat proficient with this program. in my session fields are the names of each program. For instance there are numerous people registered for each session, I need to know the total fees paid etc. for each session so each sessions total would be seperate, I've tried everything I can figure out to get it to come out right but haven't been successful. Thanks for y'alls help!

Does anyone else have any ideas for this problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back