Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what do i need

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
currently we have nt4 domain - started at nds for nt and no account management 2 (i think) edir 8.7.3.1
all netware is 6.5 edir 8.7.3.2 - except one solitary netware 6 edir 8.7.3.1 - has to stay 6 due to app

all dns and dhcp are from netware ( and what it to stay this way)- i would consider some kind of secondary if necessary but reluctantly

i need to upgrade to nt4 to 2000 ad

what products to i need and what are the tips
additional hardware isnt a problem - or staging servers etc
the nt is there for citrix services

hi you can upgrade and keep dns on netware but because netware does not use bind version 9.x the auto registering that AD claims to be a benefit will not work. We migrated dns to AD but kept the netware environment in place. We do not run nds for nt nor account management. I am told that synchronicity is a better product and will play nice with both AD and netware. ran nds for nt and account management at a previous job and it was a disaster when it crashed. apparently syncronicity does not modify the samsrv like nds for nt did.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back