Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

what do I add to adminstrator's phone buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekphone

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
US
I have a Definity G3v8 with a Active Voice-Repartee voicemail system.

I am the tecom admin for my company and I have an old 7404plus phone. I like it because it has alot buttons I can play with, lol. What do you guys suggest I setup on those buttons for administering or test the system.

I have huntgroups, vectors, VDNs, incoming and out going t1 trunks, CO, etc....

Also is this a good administrators phone to test and mange the switch or which do you guys suggest.

U can put buttons on your phone that will indicate minor, major, and ds1 alarms. And U could put a busy indicator for any adjuncts(voice mail, call accounting)modem lines that go thru the pbx so u could monitor access.

A 7404 only has 6 buttons if I recall correctly.
If you really need to monitor something on that, I would suggest use it for monitoring alarms.
There are other voice terminals available with more indicators on them if you need to monitor more items,
See if you can find a 7405...

I use trunk I.D. to try to isolate a problem trunk member. This isn't a button but I also changed my phone to a COS that allows console permissions, this way I can forward, unforward any phone from mine.

im sorry I have a 7407plus phones and it has alot of buttons. how would i add alarm buttons.

Its been a long time all!

On page 4ish of the station form, you can move to line 3 or so and hit "Help" and it will list all kinds of options for that phone.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

do "change station xxxx" and go to the page, and u are looking for "major" "minor", "ds1"& "ext" if u are using the external alarm feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back