Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What determines MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcdan1523

Technical User
Feb 14, 2003
US
What factor determine the most idle agent.
We have a small group with 5 agents and one of them received two ACD calls in a row. No big deal in a large center, but it was noticed in this small environment.

What factors determine this calculation?
Thanks.

From the Avaya Contact Center R3V11 Master Glossary:

Most Idle Agent: An ACD distribution method that maintains a queue of idle agents. An agent is put at the end of the list for a particular split when the agent completes an ACD call for that split. The agent continues to advance on the list as long as he or she remains staffed and in ACW, AVAIL, or on AUXIN/OUT extension calls from the AVAIL mode.

Susan
"People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

I understand the definition, but that doesn't exactly explain what happened. We had an agent who took a call, went into acw and became available again. This same agent received the next ACD call with only :30 of available time, whil two other agents were available for 5:00+.
This first agent had ~7hr staff time compared to ~5hr staff time for the other two. She also had a higher number of calls, but that would make sense since she had been working longer.
I assume there is a calculation using the combination of staff time - acd time / acd calls = MIA, or something using some combination of variables.
Thanks again.

Is this agent at a different skill level than the other two? MIA will also take into account the skill levels of the agents, and will chose the highest available agent, even if lower-skilled agents have been available for a longer period of time.

Susan
"People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character."

No they have the same skills(same two skills each and they are all level 1) and they are at the same levels. That is why it is a bit confusing. This is a very small and simple group. I assume that since she was staffed longer, this is part of the reason.
I found the answer a long time ago when it was noticed in our big call center. They would see this early in the morning where an early morning agent would receive a couple of calls in a row, while a newly logged in agent would not receive one even though they were available longer. MIA doesn't mean most available.
In the big call centers, it evens out pretty quickly, but this small group does not receive a lot of calls, so it is more noticeable.
Hmmmm

Hmmmmmm" is right. I would try two things - first, check your agent settings and make sure that everyone is set to "skill-level" for the Call Handling Preference. If that checks out, I think that I would delete the ID's for the individuals who aren't receiving the calls, and then re-add them back into the system by duplicating the agent ID of the individual who is getting all of the phone calls.

I'm assuming that you're watching this real-time in CMS? An agent can reset their "available" timer by just taking the phone off-hook and back on-hook. If all else fails, you can start some agent traces and see if anything appears in the logs.

Susan

MIA is based on the total idle time since logged in while in an auto-in state. It that total idle time that determines MIA.

Old31V, that goes against what I was taught, and what I can find in the Avaya documentation. Here (page 561), it states that "An agent is put at the end of the list for a particular split when the agent completes an ACD call for that split. The agent continues to advance in the list as long as the agent remains staffed and in ACW, available, or on AUXIN/OUT extension calls from the available state."

Can you check your BSR Available Agent Strategy on page 2 of your VDN, and see if it is also set at UCD-MIA or EAD-MIA?

Susan

I agree. Past experience has proven that it is not based on available time.

It is set up as ead-mia.

The field you should check is in "change sys fea". You want to look for the field labeled "ACW Agents Considered Idle". If this is "Y", then all of the time that agent spent in After Call Work (ACW) is counted towards their idle time. Even though they've only been in available for 30 seconds, if they were in ACW for 4 minutes before that, then their idle time would be 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

Thanks for link SF0751.

My answer was based on old docmentation, e.g. "If two or more agents with equal skill levels are available, DEFINITY ECS routes the call to the most-idle agent based on when the agent finished the most recent call,..."

a.k.a. idle time.

KG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back