Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What determines height of continuous form window ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazolba

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
I have some continuous forms for editing tables. They always open with only one record showing and I have to drag the bottom border down.
How can I get them to open with a greater height so they show more records?

Increase the size of the subform control as it appears on the main form.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I'm confused by this advice. As far as I know no subform is involved. This is a continuous form and there is no 'height' property. The form has a header, detail and footer but increasing those does not do what I want. I need to show more of the repeated rows.
When the window opens, I have to drag the borttom border down every time.

What are the settings of the CanGrow and CanShrink properties?

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Also, you have several other "active" threads. Do you intend to get back to them?

Good Luck
--------------

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but resizing the form in design view changes the size when it is run.

Hi, in the design view restore the window size (i.e. not max not min) resize the design view window to the size you want and save the form. or in the open event put the code docmd.maximise ' to maximise the window each time you open the form

HTH, Jamie
[pacman]

I found the answer. I had 'Auto Resize' set to YES. I set it to NO, then any change in the window size was retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back