Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What database should I use

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak48

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
US
Hey, I need to build an application to keep track stock options for a company. I am used to building database applications with access and visual basic but I am sick of it limitations so I decided to build this application using C++ but I don't know what database to use. Can somebody give me a list a databases that are known to work fine with C++ are that does not have the limitations of Access databases. Thank you

Try MySql
you can download it for free and it goes without licenses.
In addition there's available MySqlFront, which is Database-Manager and QueryAnalyzer.

Thank you. I am making this database for a professional business so I much more worried about the efficiency and stability of the database than it cost. Is MySQL still a good choice?

Hi

If cost is not a problem, I would suggest you to use Microsoft SQL and ADO. It's fast, stable and quite easy to program with. Furthermore, it's THE database standard for industrial and professonal use. Ok, there are some others at least as good, but, AFAIK, more expensive.

I'm using a SQL server since about 3 yeasr now and never experience any problems ( except problems from my own code -:) ... of course)

MTC

Thierry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back