Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What clients are support by SMS 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky0904

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
GB
Does SMS 2003 support Win95, Win 98, 2000, 2000me??

yes, although you have to use something called the Legacy client for these types of systems. (uh....95 systems? come on...its time to upgrade here...I don't even SMS 2003 is supported on this -and I use the term loosely- "platform")

Here is some more information:
Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Hi, thanks for hat, i actually found the link after i had posted here.

One question, is the SMS smart enough to detect what version of client to install, or is it a case of installing all legacy until i get to a minimum of w2k then upgrade to advanced client??

Thanks again,

Mark

Yes, SMS 2003 can detect whether it is possible to install the Advanced client. If it can not (due to Os ver), it will install the Legacy client.

Later you can upgrade to Advanced client (although, this is an uninstall of the legacy client and an install of the Advanced client...not a real upgrade. rather, a reinstall.)

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back