Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What Client can I use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSM

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2000
US
Hi guys, Im setting up a VPN using a Netgear Firewall Model FVS318, can I set up my remote computer with out the manufacturers client? or do I have to buy the client from netgear? What options do I have?

Thank you very much

Ps. Can I set up client for WinXp??? if so, how can I do it and, do you recomend it.

Thanx again

Thank you very much Robert, do you think thats the way to go? (win client) or do you recomend getting the software?

Thank you very much!!!

Ps. the thing is that I want to know also if I can use some kind of "standard" software or popupar software outhere.

Thanks again

This is quit interesting. I have looked at the link that robert has posted, But still have not found what will help, Especially with the FVS318 and a WinXP client on the internet. Any more specific info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

The NetGear vpn client IS a repackaged (but upgraded) Sentinel.

You CAN configure Windows to work as a non-windows IPSec client - but its a bear! Most (who have actually tried), don't recommend it.

Windows is fine for PPTP. For IPSec, you will be happier either with a vpn client or a router as the vpn end-point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back