Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What can you do with after effects ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gynoom

Technical User
Mar 3, 2001
NL
What can you really do with adobe after effects ??
I really don't know what you really can do with it and what plug ins you will get with it.
So what for effects can you edit with it ??

The better question is "What can't you do with AE?"

AE is a compositing and animation tool. Yes, AE can do editing...it's a little faster to do it in Premiere or Final Cut though.

AE can take a layered PhotoShop, Illustrator doc and enable you to animate any layer's properties, ie. opacity, scale, rotation, position, blur and all the PS filters over time...and that's just the beginning. Take a look around, with the proper resources and footage, you can literally create anything...movie trailers, intro credits, special effects, green/blue screen mattes, title effects, 3D compositing and more.

All the TV show intros on TV can be created in AE.
Go to Adobe.com and look at their Affter Effects Galleries.

Good luck and be creative,
Pixel

you can also draw paths to create alpha channels for transparency. and get kinda 3d effects for it

IT can be a bit daunting when you first look at it. Loads of simple little effects that don't do anything really exciting on their own. The beauty of AE is the way it allows you to animate almost anything over time, and the way it lets you combine effects to create unlimitedly different results. [sub][is unlimitedly a real word?][/sub]

It's really hard to get excited about it until you do a project with it, though - even if it's just a made-up one...
bestest

ug,
I am using Image Ready an am only just starting to understand and use its features.
However, animation is my main interest.
and... if aftereffects is the best tool...
then I had better use it.
Any chance that the learning curve -wont-
explode my noodle. (they hate that)
oh well, advice on how to get started would be appreciated
(I already have the software, thanks)

Lupine
RobertCorrina@patownsend.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back