Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What can I do next after installing xampp

Status
Not open for further replies.

atzsea

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
JP
I have no idea how to use WinMySQLadmin.
How can I start with MySQL itself?
After setting path in environmental variables, I attemped to log in on Command Prompt, but in vain;

>mysql -u root -p
Enter passwor ******
Error 1045 ;Access denied for user ...

Any idea?

Heve you opened PhpMyAdmin, you can access MySql from there

Until you have first run MySQL and set the password, initial password for root is blank. To get started with a fresh install use the MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard, which is installed with a standard Windows install of MySQL. This lets you set up initial conditions and passwords. Then use MySQLadmin with the root password you just set up.

Steam Engine Prints

Thank you, Domino2
I looked for phpMyAdmin, I have not found it.
Where is it?

Thank you, johnwm
I am wondering what can I do to use the MySQL server Instance Config Wizard.

I have wampserver installed, its very similar to what you have, again its a free package with MySql,Apache etc. When you start it up, it puts a small icon in the system tray. If you click on it, you will see PhpMyAdmin, start and stop services etc.

Thank you.

I have attempted in some ways.
I could make databases and tables in the Command Prompt or another tool, but they have not been reflected to WinMySQLadmin in xampp. Something is wrong, though its service is evidently on.

Hi, anuj576! I did. It worked. feel good. I feel like getting a new world.
You might be the first person to tell about xampp. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to proceeding Mysql further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back