Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What can anyone tell me about InfoPath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
I used Adobe fill in forms but getting the data out of Adobe forms was a huge time consuming challenge.

I suspect this will allow the flexibility to get the data to something more usable like SQL or Access or Excel if need be.
I am thinking about creating paperless forms and using an inexpensive tablet. Like in a doctor’s office instead of filling out lots papers, some of the same data over and over on each sheet. This could have just one data item for each thing needed but yet allow it to be exporting into other software?

Any and all thoughts welcome.

DougP

Not used it in a fair while (4 or 5 years) but the version I used was horrible. It's not intuitive and difficult to configure. If you are looking to go down the route of eForms I would suggest just using ASP.NET instead

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back