Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are these Tables???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talgo

Technical User
Nov 27, 2003
US
When I opened my database this morning, I noticed seven tables which were not there yesterday. They are:

MsysAccessXML
MsysACEs
MsysIMEXCOLUMNS
MsysIMEXSPECS
MsysOBJECTS
MsysQueries
MsysRelationships

What are these Tables? The icons are grayed out but appear to be part of the DB and I guess they shouldn't be deleted. How can I not show them? Why did they all of a sudden appear?

These are the "system" tables.....the tables the database uses to store all the info about the database itself. If you want to "hide" the again...Tools -> Options, General table, uncheck show hidden objects and uncheck show system objects.

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+
w: rljohnso@stewart.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks for your quick response. I must have somehow changed a setting. Much appreciated!

Following up to mstr...

The tables store the database's "metadata," which contain all structural information the software uses to organize your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back