Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are the steps to back up Opt 11 configuration to pcmcia card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgauth

Technical User
Jul 19, 2002
US
I have a Customer Configuration Backup and Restore Guide, but the steps in there are for backing up to a PC, and plus, they don't work. At least not for me. Can't seem to get some parameter in sync or something and the backup fails every time. So, I was wondering how do you do it to a pcmcia card, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Here's some help..

Insert the memory module in Slot A

Login to switch

>Ld 143
.upgrade

You will get menus...choose the following in order
3. Utilities
2. Archive
3. Archive

Give the archive a name

The backup goes pretty quick.

Q to quit

Dont forget, you have to be on port 0 of the tty cables in order to access LD 143 to do the:

upgrade

If you are using the correct commands in LD 143, Then it could be that your PCMCIA card is at fault. There is a problem if the card was formatted on a Windows 2000 computer.
You will need to get the card formatted in a non Windows 2000 P.C.
There is another way to format the PCMCIA card via the Option 11c, I don't think it would be wise to explain it here.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

firebirdscrambler is correct, there are issues with Windows 2K and XP formatting of PCMCIA cards. You need to format the card on a Windows 9X machine. I would recommend buying SanDisk cards as that is what Nortel used to ship before going to compact flash. I have bought several on eBay and they all have worked well. You can also use compact flash (Nortel sells 64MB) cards with an adapter.

does it matter what size card,
I always assumed there was some special nortel formatting involved.

What happens exactly when you insert the card into slot A? You should get acknowledgement from the system, the LED should flash green. Have you got another card that you can try?

Nortel also do a pcmcia card programmer version 9, Which I understand should do the trick in formatting the pcmcia card.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

CPC-A0863689

Nortel Engcode-MCF-SDCFB-64-798

Manufacture-SanDisk

Manufacture Part Number-SDCFB-64-798

Where Used-SSC Pack: SW Delivery Card (Faceplate Slot)

Product Line-Succession 1000; Succession 1000M/Option 11C Cab & Chassis 64MB CompactFlash w/ PCMCIA holder & Nortel Networks labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back