Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are the Jack pin outs for a 7434d? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
US
How do I terminate a 7434d from a 66 block to a jack? pinouts?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

terminate on the orange and green pairs of the 568b color code.

Snapper dont forget to hookup the external power suplly to the jack for the power to the display.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Thanks

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

So for a standard Telco RJ45 cord it would be pins 1, 2, 3, 6?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

yes i would have responded sooner but couldnt get logged into my account at home.

blues are on 4+5
browns are on 7+8

So it's not 1,2,3,6 then, correct? I need to wire it up to a standard jack.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

If the digital card is a 8 port card the colors are orange&Green. If the digital card is a 24 port digital the blue pair is in play.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

What about the Jack?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

On a RJ-45 USOC or regular jack your 4 pair should be all laid down in order. From your switch you would strap 2 pairs to your closet. Cross connect pair one to the orange pair and pair two to the green pair of your 4 pair cable to your jack. That should have it going for you.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

66 block should be (going down):
wht/blue
blue/wht
wht/orange
orange/wht
wht/green
green/wht
wht/brown
brown/wht

Your 4wire cross connect would connect in order, wht/orange, orange/wht, wht/green, green/wht.

On your jack (assuming its not color coded to 568B). IF tab is facing away from you pin 1 is on right.

w/o o/w w/g blu/w w/blu g/w w/brn brn/w.

I the phone uses pr 2 and 3. The power if i remember correctly is on the brown pair.

Thanks,
Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back