Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are the best study guides available for W2K track? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddyT

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
GB
Currently MCPx4, but would like to move onto W2K track. Have the option of the accelerated exam, which is a definite option. Currently working as a System Admin on NT4, with 2 W2K servers. So hands on experience is there, but need some direction with study.

Any recommendations

I'm kinda in the same boat. I got mcse 4.0 and am in the process of starting 2k. I think what i'm going to do is take a instructor led 2k course and then go from there. My company runs nt 4.0 but will be migrating later this year.

Fortunately the company will be paying for all the training so it isn't a problem.

tgoodman

Personally, I like the ExamPrep series from Coriolis. These are quite complete and easy to read. Keep in mind, they also make an ExamCram series which is different.

Good luck! :cool: - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

I'm in the process of upgrading my MCSE 4 to 2000 also.

There are two "study guides" that I use. One is from It is quite good and references lots of Microsoft Knowledgebase articles as references and further readings. It's free!!

The second one that I use is from Troytec ( Their study guides run around $30 each. They have both a study guide portion plus loads of questions. Most of which are REAL close to the actual exam questions.

Hope this helps!!!

I work as a sys admin on an NT4 domain right now, but the conversion to 2000 is inevitable. I have a 2000 test lan at home that I use along with the examcram books and the Minasi "Mastering Win2K" series. I also use Testout Win2k study course. Then when I feel I am ready to write an exam, I begin to test, I test at every possible free site I can find on the web. Then for grins, I give the "skilldrill" a shot on cramsession site. Those babies can be pretty obscure and a good gauge of how much actually is sinking into an already overtaxed cranium.
Thats what works for me. B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back