Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are the best CBT programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatridge

MIS
Nov 14, 2002
US
I am about to embark the MCSE 2003 adventure - my company is covering the expense of training materials. I cannot afford to go off-site for the "boot camp" training - especially for the $$ they want. I have explored my options and think the computer based training self study is the best route (with MS press or sybex study guides). Does anyone know of the best computer based training? I know Trancenders is good - I also came across careeracademy.com. Any suggestions would be helpful. Also, what study guides are the best? I have worked with Sybex on the cisco certs and was impressed. Are the MS Press study guides good?

Try CBT Nuggets at They have some samples that you can run online. I found them to be very good at explaining concepts. I am just starting on my MCSA path. Mark Minasi books like Windows 2000 Server or the 2003 version are execellent.

Good luck.

I use learnkey and VTC.com for training

Learnkey do DVD training you can watch on your dvd player and VTC do CD and online training for like $25 per month

I decided to go with Career Academy. They offer the most bang for your buck. I purchased the MCSE 2003 triple cert which includes the CCNA, MCSE and MCDBA for under $2000. Their content on the videos is good, they also include the MS Press study guides and measureUp exams for each test. Not a big fan of the MS Press - I prefer Mark Minasi's books but I figured I'll give MS a try.

Thanks for your replies!

A certification doesn't prove your compentency - experience and work ethic does. But it can't hurt to add a little fuel to the drive.

I was looking at Careeracademy also. Let me know what you think.

Kevin

I like CBT nuggets. Dan does a good job of explaining something then showing an example of it. He doesn't spend a lot of time as a "talking head" like most CBT's like LearnKey and others. For test preps I used to use transcenders. Now I used examforce, which I found on from an ad. trancenders have flashcards which is cool too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back