Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are potential issues upgrading IP Office 500v2 from Service Pack 6(73) to Service Pack8(81)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfarlandrew

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2014
US
We are planning on upgrading our control unit to Service Pack 8. Researching potential issues that may arise and proper precautionary steps to take. If you have any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Do a backup before you do it and keep the bin files then you can always go back. So far there are no major bugs in .81 so not really any problems for you to expect. Do you also have vm pro then again do a backup and no problem as you can always whip back to the old releases should there be a real problem.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Great, thank you for the advice. We do not have vm pro, although I do have a couple more questions. Does the BAK file include the BIN files, or do they need to be backed up as well? If so, there are many BIN files. Which ones pertain to the upgrade and should be saved?

the .bak is the backup file (one is created every time you upload a configuration to the IP Office by renaming the last .cfg file to a bak with day stamp and version code) and you can open it like the .cfg file that is holding the programming of the system.
the bin files are the firmware for the devices itself and they are for all IP Office parts and also for the phones

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back