Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What are IT Geeks doin in the telcom business 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxfire

Vendor
Apr 18, 2011
US
I am wondering what everyones experience is with these IT geeks that think they belong in the telcom business simply because they can plug an IP or VOIP telephone set into a router.

I keep hearing complaints from people all over the place that they are promised the world from these guys and they get nothing but excuses from lost and poor connections to system and networks that are continually off line.

I hear that the features and services are never correctly configured and that training is very poor or the customer is just given a manual or directed to a web site for help.

These guys are just not telephone people and have no idea how proper cable management works let alone the proper needs of the customers.

They introduce and install equipment that is overwhelming to the customers and their employees with to many features and complicated menus to work with etc.. They are trying to force a telephone to do the work of a computer or Laptop.

And the attitude I get from these guys is usually paranoid, unreliable and uncooperative to say the least.

What is your experience with these guys getting into the telcom business?

Thanks

SWFL. Things are getting a little better s l o w l y. Still not good with jobs. Snow birds will be here in a couple of months or so. I can't wait for our 3 months of winter. Highs in 70's lows in 50's. I really look forward to nice weather.
Take care

Frank. City of Cape Coral, Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back