Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What am i missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stovio

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
SE
Hi,

I am getting this error when trying to update my access 2002 database from my web page locally (any update operation):

Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.

This works fine when the web page is at my web host so i figure it must have something to do with update rights. I have checked the settings in IIS (5.1) and the virtual catalog has read and write rights. I have administrator rights on the computer. What am i missing?

/Henrik

Are you opening the connectio with a adodb.connection or adodb.recordset? The second often gives that error

Bastien

Any one have a techie job in Toronto, I need to work...being laid off sucks!

I use adodb.connection. Any suggestions?

show code

Bastien

Any one have a techie job in Toronto, I need to work...being laid off sucks!

You don't have enough Read/Write permissions on the dirrectory where your Database is!

So check you local database directory rights and give the IUSR_.... Read and write rights on the directory or you can give the IUSR_... Read and Write Rights on the Database alone!

Greetz,
RayDance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back