Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2005
US
We are trying to send a broadcast message but it isn't working. I have set up x4900 in MSS as Broadcast extension, created ELA 4398 with all subscribers in list, added x4900 in pbx as station w/cover to vm on 1 ring, and created mailbox 4900 in MAS with COS 8. We can call 4900, record a message, press 1 to send the message but it isn't being sent to the users mailboxes. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes you can only send to a list if you are in your mailbox. An outside caller can't leave a message to a ELA and have it send to it. You also must be in the right CID to send to it.

Try getting into your mailbox and press 2 to send the message and then send it to 4398.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks pabxdude, I haven't looked at the OHV log, so I will see if I can find that and see what is happening and post.

In reply to Ken's post: the message isn't in my mailbox, so I can't forward to the ELA list by pressing 2 and selecting 4398.

Even more strange, I added x4398 to pbx as x-port with 1 ring to vm cp just like x4900; leave a message and it is sent to ELA list users twice. I have confirmed that 4398 is an ELA list in MSS and not a subscriber. The only difference in the two are one is an ELA (4398) and one is mailbox (4900) with 4900 built in MAS as broadcast mailbox, not 4398. Any suggestions anyone?

Just an update. As it turns out according to the Doc's you can send a message as an outside caller to a ELA list and have it delivered. I have not tried this yet but it looks like it would work.

Seems dangerous to me.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks Ken,

They found out the hard way. [surprise] Of course, now I have to remove the station coverage until they want to send another broad cast and turn on the messsage light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back