Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What after ASP.net ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftwareRnD

Programmer
Oct 8, 2014
EG
Hello ,

I'm Mahmoud . dot net engineer .

I have project With C#.net and I have no problem of this project coding or programming,,

My problem is that this project is my first project and I do not know how to make real testing on ASP.net server .

Or What is the required methods to make real testing of my Web application ???

Is my SQL DB have the same server of ASP.net server or every one of them have different server ???

Please anybody help me because this is my first project and I'm very interested with it .

Kind Regards ,

Mahmoud[wavey3]

You should move your code to testing(QA) servers. The code should be on one server, and the DB on another. I can't imagine a production application being on the same server as the DB.
Your staging or QA servers should mimic the production servers so that when you move the code from QA to production, there are no suprises

Please jbenson001 ,,

My project have two important something .

1- SQL server database 2012 ( in time being there are no database on the server ) ,, and I have created these database .

2- ASP.net web application .

to make real testing of the above we must have two servers ( one for sql database and the other is for ASP.net web application ) .

In time being the customer sent to me user name and password of ASP.net server only and create FTP account to upload my wen application .

Now I will ask my customer to create to me another FTP to upload SQL DB on sql database server !!!!

Please correct me ......

Now I have FTP account to upload my web application to real ASP.net server .

I have three major parts for this account ::

1- server URL
2- password
3- username

Excuse me for my stupid question ::

how to use the above account or what is the steps required to use this account for uploading my web application ??

Regards ,

Mahmoud[wavey3]

That is a question for your client, not for me. They are setting up the FTP accounts and where the code is being uploaded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back