Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What actions require application set refresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryk

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hi All,

I have (I think) a pretty standard published application, and the users click desktop shortcuts created by the Program Neighborhood.

On the server in the CMC, the "location" has a command line like this:

n:\apps\some_app.exe -parm1 -parm2 -parm3

My question is, if I merely add: -parm4 to the end of the location line, do the remote clients have to refresh everything? Their shortcuts don't seem to even reference the commandline, so I'm wondering if the new parameter will get picked up on-the-fly?

(I don't want to go to the remote sites to do the refresh, and the users can't be trusted not to hose it up :) )

Many thanks for your opinions.

Hi,

The line described above is the application that your users run, by adding an additional parameter all users will execute that the next time they start the published application. No you won't have to visit the desktops!

Cheers,
Carl.

JerryK, what are the functions of the parameters you listed.

I agree with Ogi. The command line is not downloaded to the client. The command line is kept at Data Store level and therefore client will read new one before executing.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

You are correct. It worked. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back