Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What about the Design exams???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules029

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
US
I always hear about everyone complaining about "the beast" (216) and all. How do the MSCE design tests compare to the 216?

Dennis
A+,Net+,MCP,MCSA

haven't gotten there yet... but I understand they're also scary...

Setnaffa is an MCP-W2K (working on W2K) with a few other certs, too...

hercules029 -

Not to scare you, but yes 216 was THE beast!! The reason is because the questions on 216 fall into all kinds of categories: end-user support issues, network engineering and administration, security issues, web crap, and of course AD. From one question to the next you are jumping from one mindset to the other in order to solve each problem. Make sure you're ready for all of these areas.

I think that the design exams are different, not harder than regular exams.

When I began taking Microsoft tests it took a revelation before I felt confident that (although I passed the tests), I was fully competent in understanding all the MCSE concepts. That revelation came when I passed 70-216.

Good Luck,

--
Mike

Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else -- unless it is an enemy. - A. Einstein

[laughtears] [laughtears]
Looking back over this I see that your question was actually about the design exams. Obviously I was headed in the wrong direction with giving you 70-216 info.

As I said, the design exams are different and thats all. If you already took 70-217 you already know 80% of whats on 70-219.

--
Mike

Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else -- unless it is an enemy. - A. Einstein

Just about to start studying for the 70-217 now. Now, how was it compared to the 218? Thanks once again.

Dennis
A+,Net+,MCP,MCSA

If you've already taken 70-218 you know that it is one of the easiest tests. 70-217 will require you to definately know your AD stuff. 70-217 & 70-219 are almost identical because they both deal primarily with AD, so once you pass 70-217 you can feel very confident about passing 70-219.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back