Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What about an unattended setup for Notes 5.1? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambam

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
DE
Hello,

would anyone know if there's a way for an unattended setup?
Or any other possibility to automatically manipulate the standard settings?

I want to set parameters for use which protocols, which id used, mail-adress, optical environment (icons, ...), ...

This is needed for creating a installation package for ccm, a software distribution system.

Any hints are welcome ;-)

If you have Notes 5.1 give it to IBM/Lotus (latest version is 5.0.11 and 5.0.12 is coming soon) ;-)

You can use a response file *.rsp (look for response file in the documentation) for a unattended software setup.

For a unattended client configuration you can make Setup Profiles (in de domino directory - NAB in the view Servers/Setup Profile)

Thanks NotesFan for your answer.
But unfortunately i didn't found anything about a response file in my documentation (perhaps because of it's german ;-))

I've googled a little bit, found something about a rsp file but perhaps you may have a response file for me?

I also didn't found anything about to make a setup profile.
Could you please further explain me the way where to find it?
It's surely somewhere at the domino administrator page, or am I totally wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back