Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What a time to see this - Out Of Memory - Runtime error 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOR

Technical User
Jan 30, 2002
GB
I was opening and closing bits of my application, when some of the command buttons went blind - ie no legends/pictures, then the jump off a bridge notice - Out of memory - Runtime error 7. I read up and one cause could be too many array variables. The problem only comes up occasionaly. I redimed the arrays I have to some rediculously high number, but I could not replicate the problem. The form consists mainly of 3 Flexgrids, with some 250 icons in cells each 1k. Any suggestions before I hit the bottle. Thanks

Hi,

i think that's not a memory problem ;)
If you get a 'out of memory', sometimes this means:

out of handles

I think you have loaded too much icons ;)

Test it without icons!

Bye

LauDse

Hello LauDse
Thanks for your reply. I am using an icon in the cell because I could not find a large checkmark character. I looked up the error code in Access and it points to several areas, ie too many arrays, too long procesdures etc. At them moment I am breaking the program up into seperate forms, but then finding I need to increase variables to pass over data to the next form. I seem to be chasing my tail. Maybe there is a font checkmark around that would be better. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back